Work and Life on Business Radio
Powered by the Wharton School
SIRIUSXM CHANNEL 111 LIVE TUESDAYS at 7 PM EST
Work and Life is a radio show that explores everything related to work and the rest of life; your home and family, your community and society, and your private self (mind, body, and spirit). You’ll hear from the world’s leading experts – including researchers, CEOs, psychologists – and from everyday people in all kinds of jobs and families, with the aim of helping you become more informed and effective in creating harmony among the different parts of life.
Work and Life is a live interview and call-in show that airs Tuesdays at 7 PM, EST, hosted by Prof. Stew Friedman, Director of Wharton’s Work/Life Integration Project. We broadcast from the Wharton School on the University of Pennsylvania campus.
The mission of Business Radio Powered by The Wharton School is to educate listeners about business and management in order to maximize their personal career success and enhance the social and economic performance of the organizations in which they work. Read the press release about our launch.
Listen to Work and Life live on Sirius XM’s Business Radio Powered by the Wharton School (Channel 111) on Tuesdays at 7 PM Eastern. The most recent episodes can be heard On Demand.
Call 844-WHARTON/942-7866 | Twitter @BizRadio111 #WorkAndLife
Previous Guests and Interview Excerpts
- March 10: Jamie Ladge, Professor of Management and Organizational Development, Northeastern University.
- Marchh 10: Laura Little, Dir. of the Institute for Leadership Advancement, University of Georgia.
- March 3: Andrew Scheffer, WG’01, Finance and banking professional, founder of Mindfulness Meditation Training.
- March 3: Carole Fishman Cohen, CEO and Co-founder, iRelaunch.
- February 24: Pam Stone, Sociology Professor, Hunter College.
- February 24: Susan Lambert, Professor, University of Chicago.
- February 17: Debbie Epstein Henry, Founder, Flex-Time Lawyers.
- February 17: Vicki Shabo, VP, National Partnership for Women and Families. Excerpts.
- February 10: Dave Asprey, Founder and CEO, BulletProof Executive.
- February 10: Dan Calista, Founder and CEO, Vynamic. Excerpts.
- February 3: Jody Miller, Founder and CEO, Business Talent Group. Excerpts.
- February 3: Carson Tate, Founder of Working Simply. Excerpts.
- January 27: Wharton MBAs Rena Fried, WG’15 and Vivian Chung, WG’15. Excerpts.
- January 27: Kathy Korman Frey, Founder and Chief, Hot Momma’s Project. Excerpts.
- January 20: Chris Marvin, WG’11, Managing Director at GotYour6. Excerpts.
- January 20: Rosa Sheng, Architect, Founding Chair of The Missing 32%. Excerpts.
- January 6: Jeremy and Cathy Schlosberg, 20 year at-home-dad and Aramark, VP. Excerpts.
- January 6: Bill Proudman, Co-founder and CEO of White Men as Full Diversity Partners. Excerpts.
- December 16: Scott Schieman, Professor of Sociology, University of Toronto. Excerpts.
- December 16: Dan Clawsen and Naomi Gerstel, Professors of Sociology, UMASS Amherst. Excerpts.
- December 9: James Joseph, Author, Gods Own Office. Excerpts.
- December 9: Kathy Christensen, Director, Sloan Foundation. Excerpts.
- December 2: Jenny Blake, Author, Life After College. Excerpts.
- December 2: Laura Kohler, Senior VP Human Resources, Kohler, Co. Excerpts.
- November 25: Guy Spier, Author, The Education of the Value Investor. Excerpts.
- November 25: Kelly Vlahakis-Hanks, Vice President, Earth Friendly Products.
- November 18: Ric Ramsey, Executive Director & VP, City Year Philadelphia. Excerpts.
- November 18: Shelly Ibach, CEO, Select Comfort/Sleep Number. Excerpts.
- November 11: John Kimberly, Henry Bower Professor of Management, Wharton.
- November 11: Scott Eblin: Author, Overwhelmed & Overworked: The Mindfulness Alternative. Excerpts.
- November 4: Wharton MBA Women — Zinnia Horne, WG’15 and Abby Holmes, WG’15. Excerpts.
- Nocember 4: Wharton MBA Men — Dan Geoffrion, WG’15 and Josh Johnson, WG’15.
- October 28: Steven Klasko, WG’96, President and CEO, Thomas Jefferson Hospital. Excerpts.
- October 28: Peter Weis, WG’08, Chief Information Officer, Matson Navigation.
- October 21: Jennifer Owens, Editorial Director, Working Mother Media. Excerpts.
- October 21: Christie Smith, Principle at Deloitte and Kenji Yoshino, the Chief Justice Earl Warren Professor of Constitutional Law at NYU. Excerpts.
- October 14: Bob Hedaya, MD, Founder, National Center for Whole Psychiatry. Excerpts.
- October 14: Eric Greitens, Founder, The Mission Continues. Excerpts.
- October 7: Tom Tierney, Chairman and Co-Founder, Bridgespan; former CEO, Bain. Excerpts.
- October 7: Julie Foudy, Former Captain, US Women’s Olympic Soccer team, ESPN analyst. Excerpts.
- September 30: Katy Milkman, James G. Campbell, Jr., Assistant Professor of Operations and Information Management, The Wharton School. Excerpts.
- September 30: Lonnie Golden, Professor of Economics, Penn State.
- September 23: Andy Stefanovich, Author of Look at More: A Proven Approach to Innovation, Growth, and Change. Excerpts.
- September 23: Carol Evans, President and Founder, Working Mother Media. Excerpts.
- September 16: Ariane Ollier-Malaterre, Professor of Management, University of Quebec in Montreal. Excerpts.
- September 16: John Baldoni, Author MOXIE: The Secret to Bold and Gutsy Leadership. Excerpts.
- September 9: David Thomas, Dean, McDonough School of Business, Georgetown University. Excerpts.
- September 9: Sophie Wade, Founder, Flexcel.
- September 2: Keith Ferrazzi, Author of best-selling books Never Eat Alone and Who’s Got Your Back? Excerpts.
- September 2: Matthew Bidwell, Associate Professor of Management, The Wharton School. Excerpts.
- August 26: Anne Weisberg, Senior VP, Families and Work Institute. Erin Owen, guest host.
- August 5: Monique Valcour,Professor of Management, EDHEC Business School, Nice, France. Excerpts.
- July 29: Gretchen Spreitzer,Professor of Management, University of Michigan. Excerpts.
- July 29: Kathie Lingle, Leading World@Work’s Alliance for Work-Life Progress. Excerpts.
- July 22: Herminia Ibarra, Professor of Organizational Behavior at INSEAD. Excerpts.
- July 22: Sam Polk, Founder of Groceryships. Excerpts.
- July 15: Ellen Bravo, Director of Family Values @ Work. Excerpts.
- July 15: Dave Lissy, CEO, BrightHorizons Family Solutions. Excerpts.
- July 8: David Allen, Author of Getting Things Done. Excerpts.
- July 8: Debra Schafer — Founder and CEO, Education Navigation. Excerpts.
- July 1: Sarah Kagan, UPENN Professor of Gerontological Nursing. Excerpts.
- July 1: Michael Rashid, President and CEO of AmeriHealth Caritas
- June 24: Tom Gardner, Founder and CEO of The Motley Fool. Excerpts.
- June 10: Nancy Rothstein, The Sleep Ambassador.
- June 10: Sara Sutton Fell, Founder and CEO FlexJobs.
- June 3: Shannon Schuyler, Principal and Corporate Responsibility leader at PricewaterhouseCoopers.
- June 3: Liza Mundy, Author of The Richer Sex: How the New Majority of Female Breadwinners is Transforming Our Culture. Excerpts.
- May 27: Ken Eisold, Psychoanalyst, organizational consultant, author of What You Don’t Know You Know: Our Hidden Motives in Life, Business and Everything Else.
- May 20: Janet Hanson, Founder of 85Broads, a global network of 30K+ trailblazing women. Excerpts.
- May 20: Nilofer Merchant, Corporate Director, author, innovator, speaker, former CEO. Excerpts.
- May 13: Neil Blumenthal, WG’10, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, Warby Parker. Excerpts.
- May 13: Scott Behson, Prof of Mgmt. at Fairleigh Dickinson and blogger. Excerpts.
- May 6: Peter McGraw, Dir. of the Humor Research Lab, U Colorado. Excerpts.
- May 6: Cali Yost, CEO and Founder, Flex+Strategy Group. Excerpts.
- April 29: Prasad Setty — WG’99, Vice President, People Analytics and Compensation at Google. Excerpts.
- April 29: Anne-Marie Slaughter, President and CEO, New America Foundation. Excerpts.
- April 22: Doug Conant, Chairman, Kellogg Executive Leadership Institute, Past CEO and President, Campbell Soup, author, Touchpoints. Excerpts.
- April 22: Brigid Schulte, Reporter, Washington Post, author, Overwhelmed: Work, Love and Play When No One Has Time. Excerpts.
- April 15: Ellen Galinsky, President and Co-Founder, Families and Work Institute. Interview excerpts.
- April 15: Meg Hirschberg, Author, For Better or Work: A Survival Guide for Entrepreneurs and Their Families.
- April 8: Julie Smolyansky, President and CEO, Lifeway Foods. Interview excerpts.
- April 8: Maggie Jackson, Former Boston Globe columnist, author of Distracted: The Erosion of Attention and the Coming of the Dark Age. Interview excerpts.
- April 1: Roger Schwarz, Author of Smart Leaders, Smarter Teams. Interview excerpts.
- April 1: Stephanie Coontz, Dir. of Research and Public Education for the Council on Contemporary Families. Interview excerpts.
- March 25: Joan C. Williams, Distinguished Professor of Law, UC Hastings Foundation Chair and Director of the Center for WorkLife Law. Author, What Works for Women at Work. Interview excerpts.
- March 25: Lisa Belkin, Columnist for the New York Times and Huffington Post, just named Yahoo Senior National Correspondent. Interview excerpts.
- March 18: Erica Dhawan, W’07 Founder and CEO, Cotential. Interview excerpts.
- March 18: Allison Karl O’Kelly, Founder and CEO MomCorps. Interview excerpts.
- March 11: Alyssa Friede Westring, Asst. Professor of Management, Dreihaus College of Business, DePaul University. Interview excerpts.
- March 11: Ashley Milne-Tyte, journalist and founder of The Broad Experience. Interview excerpts.
- March 4: Connie Gersick, Visiting Scholar, Yale School of Management. Interview excerpts.
- March 4: Wharton Men: David Ash, WG’15; Vikram Madan, WG’15; Kareem Howard, WG’14 and Siddharth Shankar, WG’14. Interview excerpts.
- February 25: Deika Morrison, Eng’94 W’94, WG’08 — Co-Founder and President, DoGood Jamaica. Interview excerpts.
- February 25: Jerry Jacobs — Professor of Sociology, University of Pennsylvania and Founding President, Work and Family Researchers Network. Interview excerpts.
- February 18: Wharton Total Leadership Alumni: Judith Duval, W’03; Matthew Jennings, WG’12; Eugene Lebedev, WG’10; Richard Meene, WG’11; Goshin Mizuno, WG’12; Sean O’Reilly, WG’10; David Tucker, W’09. Interview excerpts.
- February 11: Wharton Women: Pamela Freed, Nohemie Sanon, Meaghan Casey, and Kristina Milyuchikhina current members of Wharton Women in Business. Interview excerpts one and two.
- February 11: Jessica DeGroot, WG’94 — Founder and Executive Director, Third Path Institute. Interview excerpts.
- February 4: Katrina Alcorn — Author, Maxed Out: American Moms on the Brink. Interview excerpts.
- February 4: Marci Alboher, Penn ’88 –Lawyer-turned journalist/author and VP, Encore.org. Interview excerpts.
- January 28: Brad Harrington – Executive Director and Research Professor, Boston College Center for Work & Family and Founder, The New Dad. Interview excerpts.
- January 28: Ellen Ernst Kossek – Basil S. Professor of Management, Purdue University and President, Work and Family Researchers Network. Interview excerpts.
- January 21: Matt Schneider, W’97 – Co-Founder, NYC Dads Group. Interview excerpts.
- January 21: Deborah Epstein Henry – Founder, Flex-Time Lawyers; author, Law and Reorder; and Co-Founder, Bliss Lawyers. Interview excerpts.
- January 14: Erin Owen – Founder, Your Performance Breakthrough. Interview excerpts.
- January 14: Brett Hurt, WG’99 — Co-owner of Hurt Family Investments and Vice Chairman, former CEO and Co-Founder, Bazaarvoice. Interview excerpts.
- Dr. Edward Hallowell — Child and adult psychiatrist who specializes in ADD and ADHD and co-author of the book Driven to Distraction.
- Katlyn Grasso — Wharton senior and founder of genHeration.
- Eric Greitens — Founder of The Mission Continues and Author of Resilience and The Heart and the Fist.
- Greig Schneider — US Managing Partner for Egon Zehnder.
- Jordan Bookey — WG’07 and Chief Mom and Co-Founder of Zoobean
- Joshua Abram -- Co-founder of Neuehouse
- Doug Conant — Chairman, Kellogg Executive Leadership Institute, Past CEO and President, Campbell Soup, author, Touchpoints.
- Michael Kimmel — Sociologist specializing in gender studies, especially men and masculinity and author of Angry White Men, Guyland and Manhood.
- Jason Harris — President and CEO, Mekanism.
- Dorie Clark — Author of Stand Out and Reinventing You.
- Michael Thompson — Psychologist and author, Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys.
- Fred Kiel — Psychologist and author, Return on Character.
- David Gelles — Author, Mindful Work.
- Josh Levs — Broadcast journalist and author, All In: How Our Work-First Culture Fails Dads, Families, and businesses — And How We Can Fix It Together.
- Wharton MBAs — Anita Hossain and Minlan Duan.